Well this week has flown by hasn’t it. Have you had a go at making any of the Valentines themed treats so far? I ended up making the Chocolate Fudge Brownies again this week, I just couldn’t resist. The last recipe for Valentines Week is these Pink Rice Krispie Treats. Another simple 10 minute recipe that requires very few ingredients.
Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients:
Makes 8 treats
150g rice krispies
100g white chocolate
Pink food colouring (optional)
Any filling of your choice (extra marshmallows, sprinkles etc.)
Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooling: 1 hour
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until fully melted.
2. Add the rice krispies to the pan and continue stirring until the rice krispies are covered by the marshmallow mixture. Add your pink food colouring.
3. Remove from the heat and quickly stir in any filling of your choice (if any). I used a few leftover sprinkles from my Chocolate Brownies.
4. Grease and line a baking tin and press your mixture firmly into the tin. I found wetting a metal spoon helped stop the mixture sticking when pressing it into the pan. Leave to cool for an hour.
5. Melt your chocolate by putting it in the microwave for 30 seconds then stirring until fully melted. Drizzle this over your rice krispie treats, leave to harden then cut into squares.
I’m already looking forward to having another go at these Rice Krispie Treats!
Until next time,
Style & Life by Susana says
I always wondered how rice krispies are made! I am saving this post so I can make them this weekend! Thank you x
Ohh let me know how you get on!
I always wonder how rice krispies are made. Thanks for sharing this, I’m going to try making some for my students.
Thank you! I’m sure they’ll love them!
Oh my goodness! That was totally awesome. I will surely be saved this recipe and make own! Thanks for this wonderful idea.
No problem at all! Let me know how they turn out!
These look and sound yummy! It also seems straightforward to make so might just have to give them a go!!
Thank you! They’re honestly SO simple.
Pooja Shama says
Loves mouthwatering… I have to stay away from sweets since have had a lot last week else this would have been my next recipe.
I’m doing the same at the moment, I’ve eaten far too much recently!
These would have been great on Valentines day!! Oh who am I kidding I will still make them for a snack, it looks good!
Definitely still make some! I’m sure you could add something to make them Easter themed!
looks very delicious and easy to make! I am not in time for Valentine’s but who cares! it a great treat for any day!
These are so cute! My kids would have so much fun making these. It would be so easy to switch up the theme for different holidays too.
Yeah it’s such a good idea to make with children isn’t it, enjoy!
rhian westbury says
I love a rice crispy treat and these look so tasty. I need to try making some of these this year x
I hadn’t tried making them until now but I can see myself making them again!