I was sitting in my office staring at the huge box of Jelly Beans* kindly sent to me by Jelly Belly and it brought me right back to my school days. I’m not sure whether I’m imagining it but I could be almost certain that the school canteen sold Jelly Bean Cookies. I’m sure I had one somewhere anyway. I thought instead of just scoffing the entire box (which I could have done quite easily), that I would incorporate them into a couple of recipes. Jelly Bean Cookies this week and something even yummier (and easier) next week. You’ll just have to wait for that one.
Jelly Bean Cookies Ingredients:
Makes 8 medium cookies
100g butter (at room temperature)
200g self raising flour
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g jelly beans (I used the Jelly Belly Jewel Collection)
Preparation – 10 minutes | Baking – 10 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 200°c and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Whisk the butter and sugar together until smooth, either with an electric whisk or wooden spoon. Beat the egg in a separate bowl then add to the mixture along with the vanilla essence and whisk again until well combined.
3. Using a wooden spoon, fold the flour into the mixture a little at a time.
4. Cut 50g of the jelly beans in half and keep the other 50g whole. Stir these into the mixture along with the marshmallows.
5. Using your hands, form 8 balls with the mixture and place on the prepared baking trays. Make sure to leave enough room between the cookies as these will flatten and spread.
6. Place in the oven for 12 minutes. Then remove from the oven and leave to cool.
I’d love to see your photos on Twitter (@AmiRoseBlog) if you have a go at this Jelly Bean Cookies recipe. What is your favourite thing to bake for summer?
Until next time,
Corrie Arnold says
Wow these look delicious! I don’t think I’ve ever had a cookie with sweets in before!
Corrie | corriearnold..co.uk
kate sullivan says
And I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow! LOL. Get recipe hun, I cannot wait to try it! x
Holly Shannon says
This recipe sounds awesome, I might have to attempt this next weekend 🙂 x
sheridan grady says
These sound and look so yummy! I remember having Jelly Bean Cookies at school!! xx