Can you believe we’re nearly half way through February already? January seemed to go on forever yet February is flying by. Today marks the start of “Valentines Week”. A week filled with Valentines themed sweet treats. Starting with these Chocolate Shortbread Hearts.
Chocolate Shortbread Hearts Ingredients:
Makes 8-10 hearts
30g caster sugar
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preparation: 10 minutes | Baking: 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (180 fan). Grease and line a baking tray.
2. Place all ingredients in a bowl and kneed together with hands until the mixture represents a firm dough. You’ll need to get messy for this one and keep working the dough until all of the ingredients are well combined.
3. Lightly dust your work surface and roll the dough out until it’s around 1cm thick then using a cookie cutter press out your desired shapes.
4. Place on the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until they’re slightly golden. They will continue to cook once removed from the oven. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Melt a 150g bar of chocolate by breaking the chocolate into chunks and putting in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then stir until the chocolate is fully melted.
6. Pour the chocolate on top of one biscuit and sandwich with another. Then pour chocolate over the top of the biscuit until completely covered. Use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate. Don’t worry about making it too neat. Leave to harden for 20 minutes.
I’d love to see your photos if you have a go at making these Chocolate Shortbread Hearts.
Until next time,
George Robert says
I read a lot of posts but the topic covered in this is the most comprehensive & helpful. I would definitely recommend it to others.
If you guys require professional services regarding novelty documents like Novelty Bank Statements, Novelty Credit Card Statements, Novelty Utility Bills; all types of other novelty documents, please contact us at:
This is a chocolate shortbread recipe?
Laura Dove says
Oh this is such a lovely little bake! My kids would adore making these, and definitely enjoy eating them too! YUM!
Thank you lovely! I agree, they’d be so good to make with children. I hope they love them!
Geraline Batarra says
These looks absolutely delicious. Great for Valentine’s day midnight snacks. Love it! I will definitely make some of this
Thank you lovely! Let me know how they turn out!
Samantha Donnelly says
These look so cute and so yummy might have a go at making these thank you for sharing
No problem! Let me know how you get on if you do make them!
Sania Ahmed says
I wish I could make this for my husband, we will be away from each other this year. 1st Valentine after wedding and not being able to spend time with each other makes me sad. As he covers up by saying “for us, everyday is valentines day”, I will make it for him when he will be back.
Aww that’s a shame you won’t be together but that’s a lovely way of looking at it. Hope you enjoy your late celebrations.
These look sooo cute! And pretty easy to make too 🙂 The perfect litte treat. xx
Jessie | jessie-ann.co.uk
Thank you lovely! I really enjoyed making them (and eating them) hehe.
These look absolutely incredible and super yummy! 😀 thank you for sharing this simple recipe!
No problem at all! They really were delicious.