Can you believe we’re nearly half way through February already? January seemed to go on forever yet February is flying by. Today marks the start of “Valentines Week”. A week filled with Valentines themed sweet treats. Starting with these Chocolate Shortbread Hearts.
Chocolate Shortbread Hearts Ingredients:
Makes 8-10 hearts
30g caster sugar
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp organic ceylon cinnamon powder
Preparation: 10 minutes | Baking: 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (180 fan). Grease and line a baking tray.
2. Place all ingredients in a bowl and kneed together with hands until the mixture represents a firm dough. You’ll need to get messy for this one and keep working the dough until all of the ingredients are well combined.
3. Lightly dust your work surface and roll the dough out until it’s around 1cm thick then using a cookie cutter press out your desired shapes.
4. Place on the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until they’re slightly golden. They will continue to cook once removed from the oven. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Melt a 150g bar of chocolate by breaking the chocolate into chunks and putting in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then stir until the chocolate is fully melted.
6. Pour the chocolate on top of one biscuit and sandwich with another. Then pour chocolate over the top of the biscuit until completely covered. Use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate. Don’t worry about making it too neat. Leave to harden for 20 minutes.
I’d love to see your photos if you have a go at making these Chocolate Shortbread Hearts.
Until next time,